On this episode…
We finish the year with the best news related to Science in 2015. There were many more but we had to choose what we considered more interesting and a reduced number, otherwise we could have made a 5 hour podcast!
You will find below the headlines and links to the news.
If you think we missed an important Science news please write down in the comments or send us an email with your link to it.
Down the Rabbit Hole wants to wish you all a great 2016 and keep an eye for the future episodes!
- Prominent tech executives have pledged $1bn (£659m) for OpenAI, a non-profit venture that aims to develop artificial intelligence (AI) to benefit humanity. – News – OpenAi Website
- Anita Goel of the company Nanobiosym decided to invent a ‘tricorder’ – in the same vein as the multipurpose medical tool used in Star Trek. – News
- One of three planets orbiting a red dwarf star called Wolf 1061 that’s just 14 light-years away orbits in the habitable “Goldilocks zone” of the star, where temperatures are not too hot and not too cold but just right for liquid water, making life as we know it theoretically possible. – News – Video
- An asteroid, UW158, which recently zoomed past Earth, is made of a staggering $5 trillion dollars in platinum and presents significant potential for asteroid mining. – News
- Outdoor apparel maker The North Face and materials company Spiber just released the prototype the “Moon Parka,” a coat whose outer shell is spun from synthetic spider silk. – News
- Scientists Develop Paper That Can Store Energy – News
- Samsung Files Patent for Rollable, Folding Phones. – News – Video
- An unmanned US Falcon-9 rocket booster despatched 11 communications satellites before successfully landing in an upright position at Cape Canaveral. – SpaceX Website – Elon Musk Tweet