Join us every week in our trip Down the Rabbit Hole!
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate us and share your comments with us!
Episode 059 – Charmed
Charming: Very pleasant or attractive
We all know, from the first moment you walk into a room people are making judgements about how much they like you.
And then there are the charmers, most of us have come across them at some point – the kind of people who can walk into a room full of strangers but then leave with 10 new friends, a lunch date for the next day, and the promise of an introduction to an industry insider.
Fortunately quite a lot of research has been done into what’s behind it so we thought we would take a light-hearted run through a few ways to improve your next performance…
Let us know your experience!
- The tricks to make yourself effortlessly charming
- First Impressions – Making Up Your Mind After a 100-Ms Exposure to a Face
- Inferences of Competence from Faces Predict Election Outcomes
- Trust and Credit: The Role of Appearance in Peer-to-peer Lending
- Beyond social capital: How social skills can enhance entrepreneurs’ success
- Self-disclosure and liking: A meta-analytic review