On this episode…
For decades, fusion power has been an almost fanciful dream of those hoping to crack the world’s energy problems.
Nuclear fusion powers the stars and burns in the heart of our own Sun.
Here on Earth, it could provide an almost limitless, safe and clean source of energy as it does not produce the highly radioactive waste materials that nuclear fission, our current goto technology, does currently.
But it has remained frustratingly out of reach. Physicists have been attempting to turn nuclear fusion into a viable power source since the 1950s.
Discover more about Nuclear Fusion going Down the Rabbit Hole!
- British reality TV star building a Fusion reactor
- World Energy Resources Full Report 2016 (PDF)
- World Energy Scenarios Composing energy futures to 2050 (PDF)
- China one step closer to harnessing clean, limitless energy from nuclear fusion
- Flagship U.S. Fusion Reactor Breaks Down
- Collider And Fusion Wars: Russia Plans New Fusion Reactor
- Mega Ampere Spherical Tokamak
- Amazon and Microsoft are putting their fortunes into little-known fusion energy companies
- The UK Just Switched on an Ambitious Fusion Reactor – And It Works