Join us every week in our trip Down the Rabbit Hole!
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate us and share your comments with us!
Episode 047 – Happy Music – Dark Minds
Podcast (rabbit-hole): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:22 — 23.6MB) Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Podcast (rabbit-hole): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:22 — 23.6MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | RSS | More
Why happy music makes you do bad things? This was the question that launched our curiosity to talk about it.
For this we invited our previous guest:
Daniel Patrick Cohen is a British musician and teacher based in Romania with a range of musical interests, including film music, hip hop and electronic music.
Daniel produced a 90-minute score for Alfred Hitchcock’s first silent feature film The Pleasure Garden, which premiered at Wilton’s Music Hall in London before being performed again around the world, including one particularly special performance on Copcabana beach at Rio Film Festival.
In early 2015, Daniel released a concept album entitled The Passenger after the Michelangelo Antonioni film of the same name. An inspiration for the album was a quote from filmmaker David Lynch. On hearing Barry Adamson’s Oedipus Schmoedipus for the first time, Lynch reportedly described it as being ‘like hearing Hitch[cock]’s films in your head’.
What is happy music? IS the artist to blame how his music it’s being used?
One thing we agree: “When you are in a good mood, you agree more”
Let us know your thoughts and experiences regarding the topic!
- Discovery of organic molecules on Ceres widens hunt for life
- Slippery bottle solves ketchup problem
- Star’s seven Earth-sized worlds set record
- Why happy music makes you do bad things
- Gordon Brown Arctic Monkeys can’t name a track
- Johnny Marr from The Smiths tells David Cameron “I forbid you to like it”
- James Brown – Feel Good
- Difference between happy music (Pharrell Williams “Happy”) and music that results in you being happy (Radiohead “Videotape”, “The Tourist”)
- Toy Story – You’ve got a friend in me