Join us every week in our trip Down the Rabbit Hole!
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate us and share your comments with us!
Episode 026 – Human Cloning
In biology, cloning is the process of producing similar populations of genetically identical individuals that occurs in nature when organisms such as bacteria, insects or plants reproduce asexually. Cloning in biotechnology refers to processes used to create copies of DNA fragments (molecular cloning), cells (cell cloning), or organisms. The term also refers to the production of multiple copies of a product such as digital media or software.
The term clone, invented by J. B. S. Haldane, is derived from the Ancient Greek word κλών klōn, “twig”, referring to the process whereby a new plant can be created from a twig.
Jump into the Rabbit Hole to discover crazy conspiracy theories about cloning and some insights about books and movies, we even have a cult claiming they have cloned humans.
We also have a couple of questions for you:
1. What do you think about cloning and the conspiracy theories around it?
2. If you could have the chance to clone anything or better said, anyone, who would you clone?
Share your answers with us!
- Cloning Fact Sheet
- The Beatles never existed
- Illuminati secret celebrity cloning centers
- Raëlian movement
- The Island (2005)
- Blade Runner (1982)
- Moon (2009)
- Best Film Top 10 Clone Movies
- Movies that deal with cloning (humancloning.org)
- The Genesis Code – John Case
- The Boys from Brazil – Ira Levin
- Cyteen – C. J. Cherryh
- Clone Rebellion Series – Steven L Kent